What's Up, Creative Hustlers! Did you know the children really are our future? If we empower them today with knowledge, they can very easily transform our world tomorrow.
Today’s episode is about a #CreativeHustler who embraces this model for change and is doing so in a big way.
Meet Sarah Hernholm. She is the Founder & CEO of Whatever It Takes, or WIT, a social entrepreneurship, and leadership program for high school kids, giving them the ability to earn 6 college credits.
We sat down with Sarah inside of Downtown Works in Downtown San Diego to chat through her inspiration and how she went from Hollywood to inspiration Home Run.
Throughout the episode, here are some of the highlights we’d like to point out.
- [1:30] Hear Sarah talk about WIT’s humble beginnings going from a TV show to a middle school program and eventually becoming what it is today.
- She sets her intentions from the first moment of waking up, but it’s her rebound that matters most. Love that
- [8:22] Take Control Back Of Your Day, #CreativeHustlers.
- [9:30] Dad’s quote is on her wall “There’s always enough time to do the right thing”, and let’s not forget that he is an OG #CreativeHustler
- [15:00] We play a game called “Let’s take a peek inside her mobile office”.
- [15:45] Shout out to Conscious Magazine. Would love to connect, just FYI
- [17:50] KIND Bars are all the rage for Sarah. Especially considering that #1 they are delicious, and #2 they are a sponsor and supporter of WIT. Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter? Yes please!
- [22:00] Apple Wallet for boarding passes and credit cards
- [26:05] She loves HotelTonight, but also dabbles in Airbnb. Don’t we all? Listen to this story.
- Packing tip: Sarah rolls her clothes and is religious about it. She know’s how to travel.
- [42:30] Shout out to my non-profit organization SDEAG - The San Diego Entertainment & Arts Guild.
- [44:30] No Wifi? No Entertainment? And perhaps an attractive aisle mate? Find out what Sarah does at 30,000ft in the air with no wifi or entertainment.
- [49:55] What does Sarah do to stay centered? Like a lot of the #CreativeHustlers we chat with, it all comes down to Family.
- [55:30] How has her experiences exploring different cultures and cities impacted her as an entrepreneur? Just take a look at her current business model.
- [1:02:00] Melissa’s Moment of Hustle