Dec 27, 2016
What's Up, Creative Hustlers!
Did you know the children really are our future? If we empower them
today with knowledge, they can very easily transform our world
Today’s episode is about a
#CreativeHustler who embraces this model for change and is doing so
in a big way.
Meet Sarah Hernholm. She is the
Founder & CEO of Whatever It Takes, or WIT,
a social entrepreneurship, and leadership program for high school
kids, giving them the
ability to earn 6 college credits.
We sat down with Sarah inside
of Downtown Works in Downtown San Diego to chat through her
inspiration and how she went from Hollywood to inspiration Home
Throughout the episode, here are
some of the highlights we’d like to point out.
- [1:30] Hear Sarah talk about WIT’s humble
beginnings going from a TV show to a middle school program and
eventually becoming what it is today.
sets her intentions from the first moment of waking up, but it’s
her rebound that matters most. Love that
- [8:22] Take Control Back Of Your Day,
- [9:30] Dad’s quote is on her wall “There’s
always enough time to do the right thing”, and let’s not forget
that he is an OG #CreativeHustler
- [15:00] We play a game called “Let’s take a
peek inside her mobile office”.
- [15:45] Shout out to Conscious
Magazine. Would love to
connect, just FYI
- [17:50] KIND Bars are all the rage for Sarah. Especially
considering that #1 they are delicious, and #2 they are a sponsor
and supporter of WIT. Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter? Yes
- [22:00] Apple Wallet for boarding passes and
- [26:05] She loves HotelTonight, but also dabbles in Airbnb. Don’t we all? Listen to this
- Packing tip: Sarah rolls her clothes and is
religious about it. She know’s how to travel.
- [42:30] Shout out to my non-profit
organization SDEAG - The San Diego Entertainment & Arts
- [44:30] No Wifi? No Entertainment? And perhaps
an attractive aisle mate? Find out what Sarah does at 30,000ft in
the air with no wifi or entertainment.
- [49:55] What does Sarah do to stay centered?
Like a lot of the #CreativeHustlers we chat with, it all comes down
- [55:30] How has her experiences exploring
different cultures and cities impacted her as an entrepreneur? Just
take a look at her current business model.
- [1:02:00] Melissa’s Moment of