Dec 20, 2016
Whats Up, Creative Hustlers! On
a quest to be a better networker, parent, and/or marketer? Then
today’s episode is for you
Dave Delaney Is all that plus a
keynote speaker, content & digital marketing consultant, and author
of the book New Business Networking.
I met Dave a few years ago at a
conference in Scottsdale Arizona and we’ve stayed connected ever
Throughout the episode, here are
some of the highlights we’d like to point out.
- Remember about the power of networking. It’s
how Dave and I met and even though we haven't had any direct
business dealings thus far, the sharing of content and being each
other's fan is often enough to progress the
- [2:50] Like a lot of our guests, his family is
a direct source of inspiration. So much so that they plan their
summers around long family journeys and even started documenting it
via their blog daleneysgo.com.
cooler, this coming summer (2017) they are taking the show
International by heading to Spain for a trip of a lifetime. I
personally cannot wait to follow along.
- [9:20] He’s currently reading The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- [11:35] His mobile office is a solid Johnston &
Murphy bag with all the essential gidgets and gazmos (haha,
Melissa) that you need to be a successful writer, strategist, and
- [19:30] I love the fact that Dave mentioned
Smith and the Breather app on the show and not just a few weeks
later I was inside of one ideating our newly coming Sales Saturday
series. That just goes to prove the enormous influence we all have
on each other.
- [30:00] I think it’s good to say that my
magazine addiction has diminished quite significantly since the
recording of this episode.
- [33:30] Let’s remember to not have a reactive
morning, but takes the steps necessary to be proactive. Because if
we work ourselves to death, what good are we then?
- [37:20] Dave’s Killer Calendar… Need we say
- [48:00] Yikes, like a lot of #CreativeHustlers
we know, listen to Dave’s story on trying to shove the circle in
the hole repeatedly until the unmentionable happens.
- [54:15] Travel tips for always having eyes of
wonder when you travel