Feb 1, 2017
What's Up, Creative
Today we’ll be talking with
Joseph Kennedy, the Founder of Content Pathway, the UK’s first and
only environmental copywriting agency. He’s a digital nomad, world
traveler, content creator, and English teacher in Tarifa,
Joseph is also the author
Nomad, a book on
how to save double in half the
time, hack world exploration with dozens of money saving travel
tips and create a digital income that will allow you to kill
routine, abandon office life and work as much as you
- [00:52] Joseph is a true romantic at heart.
Currently, he is in Tarifa, the southernmost coast of Spain. From his balcony, he can Morocco and the Atlantic Ocean. Not a bad view
to wake up to in the morning. Tarifa where the Atlantic and the
Mediterranean Sea meet.
- [5:56] Soul and Motown guy, Joe
sweats the smooth soothing sounds of Al Green. On Friday nights,
you’ll find Joe at the local Motown night at the Soul Cafe.
- [9:40] In talking with Joe, we started to pick
up on just how romantic and deep his sense wonder truly is. After
reading the book Night Train to
Lisbon one thought
continuously stuck out to Joe - that humans only live a small part
of what’s inside of them, so the question becomes, what happens to
the rest us?
- [11:20] Steven and Joe share philosophical
moments and logic based understanding through
- [15:14] Joseph isn’t just the author of
Nomad, he’s also lived
it. While travel Spain, Joseph volunteered with Workaway.info where he would work 4 hours a day with
food and lodging accommodations provided by him in exchange for
different jobs and task. Joseph shares some of his experiences
while volunteering with Workaway
- Joseph recent travels include Cambodia,
Thailand, and Spain. We’re pretty sure he’s found pure love living
in Spain. The way he describes his surroundings is utterly
- [17:20] His go-to travel bag is Equator - Cabin
Max. Flight Approved Backpackers Backpack.
Comfortable, Durable, Lightweight, Water Resistant
- [22:32] We need an Evernote expert!
- [27:46] We’ve found that a common denominator
amongst a lot of traveling creatives is loneliness. Joseph describes one of the biggest
challenges living this lifestyle. Hint: he’s really close to his
- 28:29] FOMO His friends describe him as a
lizard because he’s constantly chasing the weather. But Joseph
describes his travels as something more
- [30:50] Tips for curing the
- [37:37] Looking for a hangover
- [44:14] We asked if Joseph had any tips for
#CreativeHustlers. He had quite a few tips to share, but his #1
tips were “know your limitations.
- [49:07] Joseph’s take on the highlight reel and
being a realist. Being truthful about his struggles. Are you going
towards the dropouts or are you going towards the
- [52:00] “vale la pena?” Which means “Is it
worth it?” in Spanish - find out if it is.
- [55:00] Digital Nomad life is the new comfort
in being uncomfortable. The uncomfortable struggle is still
better than the comfortable job.
- [55:48] Global and historic scale
--->>> Nomadic -> tribal -> civilized ->
and it’s almost like we’re undoing it. People are becoming
nomadic/independent again. People want to break off.
- [57:30] The impact of travels and creative
entrepreneurship have had on Joseph have been life changing, like
many, but it's ingrained something larger in his character that's
allowed him to understand that communication is vital, and learning
Spanish has opened him up to millions of people.
- [1:00:07] Joseph’s unfinished business with
Asia the beautiful insanity that comes with it.
- [1:01:30] The love of a being a teacher as a
side hustle, who becomes not just a teacher, but a psychologist,
historian, geographer, performer, friend, educator,
- [1:04:40] Melissa’s moment of
Contact Joseph Kennedy: